Thursday, December 16, 2010

Its good to be back

Since my season ended nearly three weeks ago, I was instructed to not even look at my bike for 2-3 weeks. It was a nice break at first, but coming home and not being able to go for a ride really started to get old.
Today was my first day back in the saddle since, and damn did it feel good. I left school as it started to snow, and by the time i was filling my tires up there was a solid layer covering the streets.
The sketchy conditions kept me from my favorite valley forge loop, but it was nice to see streets i havent rode on for months in a completely different season.
Riding in the cold can be brutal and intimidating, but being able to get outside on two wheels in the cold weather definitely makes up for the numb fingers and toes. I'm looking forward to the next few months filled with long, slow miles in the chilly weather; a drastic change from 3 months of intense intervals to prepare for the weekend cross races.
thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment